Tilton Body Works Locations
Towing - 24 Hour Service
Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Saturday: 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Auto Body Repair FAQ
Tilton Body Works is a full-service auto body center with two locations in Central New Jersey: one in Lakewood, NJ, and the other in Jackson, NJ. Our certified professionals repair cars, trucks, and SUVs that have damage caused by accidents. When the exterior of a vehicle is damage, it can affect the inside - we repair everything to get your auto back on the road and running like new.
The next step is to bring your car in for an estimate. If the car is able to drive, you can drive it in or we have towing capabilities to get your vehicle here. From there, we will conduct a thorough inspection and write up a comprehensive estimate for your insurance company, Our professionals will also submit the report to your insurance company and notify you once it has been approved. Then, with your approval, we will begin working on your vehicle, giving you a time line for completion and sticking to it.
Absolutely. We take care of the estimate and notify you when the vehicle can go in for service. Most times, the insurance company will pay us directly so you don’t have to worry about payment. You will likely have to pay a deductable depending on your insurance. Contact us today to learn more about the process.
Once we devise your estimate, it is approved and you authorize us to begin work, we will set up a time line and let you know when your vehicle will be ready. It may take a few days in order to deliver the best work. If you need to get back on the road before then, we will be happy to set up a rental car for you, and in many cases can communicate with your insurance company to handle the payment.
Tilton Body Works has been in business since 1932, so we know what we're doing and consistently offer the very best customer service. Our technicians also continue their education in the automotive arena, consistently learning about the latest innovations in body repair. The technicians here have received ADP and CCC training, and are ASE-Certified. Tilton Body Works is also an I-CAR Gold Class Repair Facility. These credentials ensure that you get quality repairs by knowledgeable automotive professionals.
All of our work is guaranteed and covered by a warranty. In the event that you are not completely satisfied with the repairs to your car, truck, or SUV, simply contact us and we will work to make everything right. Contact us today with all of your questions and we will be happy to help. Call our Lakewood facility at 732-363-1303, or at the Jackson facility at 732-928-6388. You can also email us: email Lakewood location or email Jackson location.
Accident scenes can be very shocking, especially right after the impact occurs. Try to remain calm and do the following:
- Stop your vehicle. If you drive away, you could be charged with a “hit and run.”
- If you are blocking traffic in a dangerous place, pull off to the side of the road or into a well-lit parking lot.
- Contact the authorities. Try to assess the scene if anyone else is hurt. Otherwise, wait for the ambulance and/or police.
- Turn off your engine and wait for assistance.
- Be courteous to all parties.
- If you suspect the other driver may be drunk, do not confront him or her. Tell the police and let them handle the situation.
- Make sure you are as calm as possible before making any statements or talking to the police.
- Take photos before you leave the scene.
- Avoid making statements about responsibility to the other driver, witnesses, police or anyone else. Do not state that you are at fault, even if you think you may have caused the accident.
- Contact your insurance company once you are calm and have gathered pertinent information. They will likely interview you on the spot and request photos.
- Acquire a copy of the police report.
- Call Tilton Auto Body in Jackson at 732-928-6388 or in Lakewood at 732-363-1303 for assistance with free towing, insurance claims reporting, rental car assistance, and repairs to your vehicle.
Here are some tips for dealing with the aftermath of an accident.
- Do not drive your car if it is unsafe. If you can safely drive your vehicle, bring it to the nearest Tilton Auto Body location as soon as possible.
- If you cannot operate your car, truck or SUV, call us and we can tow your vehicle.
- Remember that you have the right to go to the repair shop of your choice. Your insurance company or the other driver's insurance cannot require you to go to a particular repair shop.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. It is your vehicle, you deserve the highest quality repairs. Read the fine print and consider carefully before you accept the lowest repair estimate.
No. We provide free estimates as a courtesy to our customers.